LETAS: the Amundi Czech Ladies Open 2020

 


Live Scoring

9/16-18 2020

Last week I had the opportunity to compete in my first Ladies European Tour Access Series in Prague. Due to the COVID crisis, there are less players in general, and there were many local Czech players. Initially I was a little scared of travelling out of Spain but I am really grateful I went. I learned a lot, and more than anything, I enjoyed being back in competition. 

I shot 72-81-77 (+14) over the three days. 

Looking at my stats, it was clear that I hit a lot more greens my first day compared to the other two days (13 greens to 8). Out of the 13 greens I hit the first day, 5 were inside 8 feet, which I think shows fairly good accuracy on my part. As for the second day, I learned how important it is to continue fueling myself; I started out the day extremely rocky and forgot to drink or eat, and the fatigue hit me in the back nine. I am obviously not using that as an excuse for the poor showing that day, but I just think it's something to be aware of in a round. 

I was struggling with my driver a little bit, I kept closing my club face and pulling the shots left, but considering how I hit 10-12-10 fairways for the week I am satisfied with the numbers. 

Lasty, I want to thank LETAS for hosting the event despite the risks and taking all measures to have us competing safely. I am also grateful for Czech Golf Federation for giving us the green light to have the event. Also, Prague Golf City was an interesting golf course with very challenging greens, and I want to thank the golf course for hosting the event. I am extremely grateful we are able to play in tournaments and keep up the competitive spirit. 

More than anything, thank you guys always for the support!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LaceLocker and 2019 Tournaments

Little about me, my goals, and purpose/ まほです!よろしくお願いします!

Updates from Japan・日本でゴルフ