DRIVER: Ping G410 LST

I changed my driver last July, and it really brought some eye-opening changes to my performance.

This is my new (-ish) driver: PING G410 LST

Model- Ping G410 LST
Shaft- Diamana ZF50
Length- 45.25 inches
Flexibility- Stiff
Loft- 9°

It brought my spin rate down from 3000-4000 to 1500-2500. 
**I had an extremely high spin rate because I had (and still have a little bit) a tendency to flip my wrist at impact.

How did my high spin rate affect my game?
I didn't like the extremely high ball flight, and there was no roll. Also, I hit it drastically shorter when I was hitting into the wind. 

I changed a few things with my swing, and I think that definitely helped lower my spin rate, thanks to Martin Cummins. However, I also believe that this driver is amazing and made it easier for me to commit to the new swing changes and lower the numbers. For those of you looking into lowering your spin rate, I would recommend this driver any day. Also, in my opinion, Ping drivers are extremely easy to play and are very forgiving. 

If there was a set-back for me with this driver, it was that with Ping drivers, you cannot change the lie angle. I actually didn't know that you could change lie angles with some drivers until Martin told me. 

When I first got the driver, I was hitting it by the heel, but then we decided to change the loft to -1.5 by the neck, and we also made an adjustment so the ball would sit outside of the toe of the clubhead at set-up. 

And voila: 

This was when I was still testing out the height of the tee, so there is a vertical variation, but I got rid of all marks by the heel. 

Speaking of setting up closer with the toe, I've always wondered why Zach Johnson set up like that, and I think he was doing what I am doing right now; attempting to flatten out the driver. 
See how Zach's ball sits on the toe-end of the driver's head. 

I digressed a little bit from the greatness of Ping G410 LST, but bottom line, I love this driver and I'd give it 5 stars. 

Lastly, this is my most recent driver swing. I feel better, Martin gave me a thumbs up, and I am very happy about it. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LaceLocker and 2019 Tournaments

Little about me, my goals, and purpose/ まほです!よろしくお願いします!

Updates from Japan・日本でゴルフ