Quarantine Mid-May

And just like that April flew by, and we are well into May. It is crazy. 

Spain is still under lockdown. The government announced a 4 phase plan to reopening the country beginning on May 5th, but Madrid has been lagging behind. We are still in "phase 0," so not really close to going back to a normal life; who knows what that means post-pandemic. Athletes are allowed to go back to basic training at Phase 0, but golf courses are still closed, so as of now I run outside but workout and practice indoors. 

But thanks to the rigorous "stay at home" orders, the number of coronavirus cases have decreased by heaps. I definitely feel like the city is heading toward the right direction, and am proud of the effort we have put in to control the virus.  

Yesterday I took a walk in the evening and came across a group of protesters demanding the government to allow Madrid to move on to "Phase 1." Once we get to Phase 1, golf courses will reopen, and some businesses, too, with restrictions. From what I've heard, it's very likely we will move a phase next Monday. I am very excited. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LaceLocker and 2019 Tournaments

Little about me, my goals, and purpose/ まほです!よろしくお願いします!

Updates from Japan・日本でゴルフ